Personal Password Policies
Need secure passwords that are not completely unintelligible? Devise a personal password policy:
- Select three or four words from a dictionary. Consider using adverbial forms, past and present tense of verbs. Consider using singular and plural forms of nouns. Avoid idioms.
- Pick a number. Consider inserting leading 0s.
- Pick a symbol: !@#$%^&*()-_=+
- Assemble the above elements with arbitrary rules, for example:
- Capitalize 1st letter of each word and leave others lowercase.
- Insert symbol somewhere between words, or before the first or after the last word.
- Do the same with the number.
Passwords from the password generator featured on this page are magnitudes stronger than those similar to ‘3l337p@s5w0rD,’ and they are easier to type!
The comic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
February 23rd, 2020 at 12:00 am
Aggregated by Slashdot, ZDNet reports FBI Recommends Passphrases Over Password Complexity